Masters prepared advanced generalist that leads the practice of professional nursing and manages care on an adult inpatient unit. The CNL is responsive to the needs of individuals and groups of patients and their families by providing evidence based care, monitors patient and health care outcomes and applies best practice nursing strategies for the benefit of patients and their families. The CNL continuously promotes evidence based nursing practice through care of patients and education and supervision of CN I, II, and III, and Nursing Assistants.
Job Title: Clinical Nurse Leader
Position Number: 00096236
Employment Type: Part Time
Standard Hours: 32.00
Department Name: NSG – Med/Surg 11T
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
· Performs or oversees the collection of holistic assessment and the development and implementation of a plan of care.
· Carries a caseload of patients within their microsystem.
· Oversees the management of patient care
· Trouble shoots complex problems in patient care, documents findings and progress in patient record.
· Provides briefings to new care providers and reviews pertinent information for care across continuum.
· Reviews all patient information, including lab & other test results and progress notes in patient health record daily.
· Develops a partnership with care providers and patient/family and ensures that patient goals are set with patient and patientï¿½s family involvement.
· Provides or oversees the education of the patient and family to understand illness and self-care concepts.
· Utilizes information technology to obtain evidence-based practices and the latest research to provide current best practice information to care providers on the unit.
· Develops and utilizes tools available to effectively evaluate, summarize and communicate patientï¿½s progress toward outcomes to members of the healthcare team, patient, and family.
· Reviews available data on nurse sensitive outcomes and incident reports for the unit/cohort to compare to system wide and national data. Seeks opportunities to make improvements to reduce risk.
· Works with team members, other leaders and physicians to develop and trend performance improvement indicators based on national standards and best practices.
· On a daily basis delegates, supervises and evaluates the nursing care given by others while retaining accountability for the quality of care given to the patients.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Physical Abilities Testing required. Additional department specific physical requirements may be identified for unique responsibilities within the department by the nurse leader.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Minimum of 1 year of experience as a bedside staff nurse. BSN prepared. Graduate of an approved Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) Masters level nursing program. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to American Heart Association. Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works. Additional education, training, certifications, or experience may be required within the department by the nurse manager.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Please let me know if you need additional information regarding this position.
Veronica Rankin MSN, NP-C, CNL, RN-BC, CMSRN
Clinical Nurse Leader Coordinator
Carolinas Medical Center
Ascom: (704) 446-8758